When you visit or contact us through this website you may provide us with information about yourself. When you provide personal information to us or we collect personal information from other sources, we will treat that information in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this privacy statement at any time by making an amended version available on the website and you should check for details of any amendments every time you use the website.
We observe a strict duty of confidentiality about your personal details and will not give out your personal details to any third party without your consent except where:
• we must do so by law
• there is a duty to the public to pass on the information (such as in times of war)
• the interests of Triodos Bank require disclosure (such as when we have to recover money owed to us).
We will not give your name and address to anyone else for marketing purposes.
DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998
Triodos Bank NV is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner under reference: Z6794013.
The personal information you give us will be treated in confidence and will not be disclosed to any third parties except where permitted by law or where your consent has been received (see above). The information will be held in our computer and filing systems and may be used in the following ways:
• to process and respond to requests, enquiries and complaints received from you
• to assist us in providing the service for which you have applied
• to keep you informed of other services which may be of interest to you, provided we have your consent to do so
These uses of your personal information are covered by our registration under the Data Protection Act 1998. Under the terms of the Act you have the right to obtain a copy of the information we hold about you, on payment of a small fee.
If you have an enquiry about the information we hold about you or would like to request a copy, you may write to:
The Data Protection Officer